Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Hate on HBCU's...


Recently I was speaking with someone who attends a "white college". I went to an HBCU, keep in mind. The person kept talking how challenging and time consuming her classes/projects are. Then she made a remark that she should have went to an HBCU, as if saying they are a lot easier. She even said that I probably didn't have to worry as much as she did because I went to an HBCU. Hold up! College is college, everyone is going to face the same issues regardless of what university they attend. I truly understand that one school may have a better program in a particular field than others, etc...but don't think that because you are a black student at a "white college", that you are more knowledgeable than someone who goes to an HBCU. How you use your degree is what matter. Get out of the mind frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment